Wrongful Death Lawyer Hollywood, Florida
When you’re filled with emotions of pain and anger, it’s only natural to want accountability. It goes beyond financial compensation – seeking justice for the individual you’ve lost. It’s about finding the strength to stand up and assert that the guilty party must be held responsible for their wrongful actions.
If the time comes when you need a wrongful death attorney, the professionals at Barzakay Law Firm are here for you.
What is a Wrongful Death Attorney?
During times of immense grief and suffering, the presence of a wrongful death attorney can make a world of difference for grieving families. These dedicated professionals understand the importance of seeking compensation and justice for their clients. In the devastating event of a loved one’s untimely passing due to someone else’s negligence, there is hope for seeking justice through a wrongful death claim. It allows them to find some measure of justice and closure during this difficult time.
If you’re facing the tragic loss of a loved one, exploring the possibility of filing a wrongful death claim could be a sensible step towards seeking the compensation you rightfully deserve. It is crucial to understand that in civil cases, the burden of proof is often lower than in criminal cases. This means it could be easier for you to build a strong case for wrongful death and secure the justice and financial support your family deserves.
What Are the Common Causes of Wrongful Death?
There are several causes of wrongful deaths, aside from auto and truck accidents. Some of the common causes of wrongful death include the following:
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accident
- Occupational hazards
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Criminal actions like stabbing, shooting, and other violent acts
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death?
To prove wrongful death claims and get a wrongful death settlement, the plaintiff must show:
1. Negligence: Negligence means that the fault party acted recklessly and that recklessness led to the victim’s death. It is the foundation of most civil lawsuits, and the plaintiff must prove it if they hope to win their case.
2. Breach of Duty: The law recognizes a fiduciary relationship between certain groups of people. For example, a fiduciary relationship exists between doctors and their patients, drivers and passengers, and employers and employees. A plaintiff must show that this duty of care existed, and the defendant breached it. They must also show that the breach is the result of the defendant’s negligent actions.
3. Causation: After proving the first two, the plaintiff must link the negligent act and breach of duty to the victim’s death. It means that they must show that the injuries sustained by the victim led to their death. If there were an underlying medical condition that caused the death, a wrongful death claim would not stand. This is why it is vital to hire a Hollywood Florida wrongful death attorney. Our lawyers will help show the link between the negligent act and the victim’s death.
4. Damages: Lastly, the plaintiff must show that they suffered damages from the at-fault party’s negligent act. Damages could be monetary and non-monetary. Monetary in terms of the medical bills accrued while treating the victim before their death, and non-monetary like the mental anguish suffered by relatives.
To win a wrongful death lawsuit, the plaintiff’s wrongful death lawyers must prove all four elements. Doing this requires providing strong and convincing evidence. Some of the preceding would be eyewitness statements and testimony of expert witnesses. A knowledgeable attorney would build the case around the facts provided and ensure you get the maximum settlement.
What Are the Damages for Wrongful Death?
When dealing with wrongful death cases, it’s crucial to grasp the legal implications involved. Although it may seem difficult to comprehend, it’s vital to note that you are not pursuing a lawsuit on behalf of the deceased or seeking compensation for their losses. By following legal action, you are seeking justice and exercising your rights to receive compensation for the losses you have suffered. Even if you were not directly affected by the tragic event, it is essential to consider taking legal steps and seeking compensatory damages.
When it comes to pursuing a wrongful death case, seeking damages that are separate from actual damages is quite common. These damages serve a specific purpose, and it’s advisable to seek guidance from your wrongful death attorney for a more comprehensive understanding of this legal concept. They will be able to provide you with detailed explanations tailored to your specific situation and guide you through the process.
According to Hollywood Florida law, you can sue for the following:
- Lost wages of the victim
- Current and future medical expenses
- Therapy or psychiatric treatment for the family of the victim
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and protection
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of household services such as child care, transportation, yard work, etc.
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
These damages are a powerful deterrent against future misconduct, clearly showing that such behavior will not be tolerated. By imposing punitive damages, we maintain justice and ensure accountability for those who have caused harm.
Contact A Wrongful Death Lawyer in Hollywood, FL
We strongly advise you to contact the dedicated and experienced team of wrongful death lawyers at Barzakay Law Firm in Hollywood, FL. Our team understands your challenges and struggles, and we are committed to offering you the support and guidance necessary to overcome them. We genuinely empathize with your situation and will go above and beyond to assist you during this difficult period.
Losing a loved one is challenging, and we understand that you may feel overwhelmed by the legal process. At Barzakay Law Firm, we recognize the importance of giving you space and time to grieve while handling all the complexities of the legal system for you. You can trust us to take everything with utmost professionalism and expertise, giving you the peace of mind you deserve.